A lot of people ask what “DNA” stands for.
- DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid.
- It is the genetic information that every parent passes on to their biological children.
- DNA plays a role in physical features (height, and eye color), in disease (multiple sclerosis, cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease), and even behavioral traits (risk-taking).
- DNA is made up of four letters (A, C, T, and G) also known as “bases.”
- You can think of DNA as the instructions that we are born with. These instructions are in almost every cell in our body, and they tell our bodies how to grow and function.
Because of DNA’s essential role in the development and function of the human body, a Helix DNA kit can enable you to use to find out more about your ancestry, help you make a plan to get fit or lose weight, learn about personalized health considerations, and have fun. All of these types of products—and more—can be found in the Helix Store.
Learn more about how Helix works here.