We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
Some examples of projects we’re working on:
- Bringing up a high-throughput clinical genetics laboratory using next generation sequencing and integrating that software into our platform
- Scaling up bioinformatics software pipelines to curate and annotate genetic sequences at high volume
- Developing a secure cloud-based platform and applications for people to access their DNA
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own DNA
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility - flexibility, nimbleness, and effectiveness are important to the Helix culture; we’re committed to agile development, continuous integration, and rapid execution across development, product, and design
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of multidisciplinary achievements
As a Principal Product Manager for Bioinformatics, you will:
- Help define, guide, and drive Helix’s future product vision and strategy with a particular focus on bioinformatics.
- Have experience as a PM leading software teams to deliver world-class scientific platforms
- Have experience designing and leading software teams to deliver data pipelines, data management systems, and data analysis applications.
- Product managers with a passion for improving people’s lives through access to information about their DNA
- 3+ years of experience in product management of bioinformatics applications and/or platforms
- Experience with and an affinity for a culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery; should understand the role of product owner
- Track record defining and shipping successful bioinformatics software
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics pipelines, tools, and platforms
- Deep understanding of technology and ability to establish credibility with engineering and scientific teams
- M.S. in CS/Bioinformatics (or equivalent experience) required
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies