We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we’ve raised over $100 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, and Kleiner Perkins. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
As a marketing intern, you will support a variety of projects for Helix. The marketing intern will work across marketing disciplines including digital marketing, product marketing, and partner marketing. And unlike other internships, you will gain valuable exposure to marketing strategies and tactics across channels including digital, social, print, video, email and beyond. And, you’ll get to work in a fast-paced, fun and exciting start-up environment. This is an ideal opportunity for a current student looking to take a semester or quarter off to obtain real-world experience before seeking their first full-time role.
As a Marketing Intern, you will:
- Dive deep into marketing analytics to figure out consumer behaviors and build recommendations based on the insights you uncover
- Create and monitor A/B tests to improve consumer experience
- Develop presentations for partner companies that enable their marketing teams to be successful
- Package assets, tools, and clear guidelines for partner companies to utilize
- Drive creative projects from ideation to development to distribution
- Work cross-functionally with account managers, scientists, designers, strategists, executives and others
- Manage projects to ensure deliverables are completed on-time and on-budget
- Analytical mindset
- Rudimentary understanding of marketing with the drive to learn more
- Self-starter with a bias for action and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects against defined deliverables, budgets, and timelines
- Flexibility and interest in working on multiple projects
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Team player
- Experience with Google Suite of products including calendar, docs, slides, sheets
- Previous experience in marketing and marketing analytics a plus
- Senior status a plus
- Ability to work full time
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for learning new things
- Degree in a related field (business, marketing, engineering)