We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It is our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we have created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we have raised over $300 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufied & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson Venture. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
As Director of Paid Marketing you will be responsible for creating and executing multi-channel acquisition strategies to attract new customers efficiently. Your scope will include: budget development and management; media planning, buying and execution; campaign development, ROI measurement and optimization across channels. The channels you manage will include digital, social, print, video, email and beyond and you will be charged to continually seek out new and innovative approaches to ad tech, measurement, creative, channels, targeting and customization.
Helix is a fast growing startup. You should be comfortable executing independently with minimal oversight, and enjoy creating process where there is no previously established precedent. You should be a master collaborator, able to work successfully with external agency partners, internal marketing teammates, and internal technical partners in product and engineering.
As the Director of Paid Marketing, you will:
- Create and implement innovative acquisition strategies & campaigns across key channels including, SEM, paid social, programmatic, display, mobile, video.
- Ensure brand integrity, with consistent pricing, offers, messaging and creative (where applicable) across acquisition channels
- Develop and build robust testing and optimization plans for campaigns, complete with creative, audience targeting, landing page and media planning tracks.
- Partner with technology, data analytics and product teams to develop and implement proper site and mobile tagging, data (cookie) structures, as well as to evolve the user experience on site that will optimize conversion.
- Develop a clear and disciplined reporting protocol to ensure that customers are acquired sustainably and profitably. Clearly identify KPI’s for all tactics prior to implementation and provide performance analysis, ROI and insights ongoing that can be shared with marketing team and cross-functionally.
- Oversee media mix modeling and funnel analysis to determine LTV of customers and optimize spend.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with with Helix scientists, designers, strategists, executives and others to develop and evolve strategies and creative
- Manage outside Agency partners and internal cross-functional partners effectively to achieve goals.
- A minimum of 7 years of digital media experience, with a focus on direct response driven marketing.
- Direct hands-on experience managing channel budgets and general knowledge across digital marketing functions.
- Successful track record of driving customer growth while managing against defined KPIs, budgets and timelines.
- Experience with third-party tracking and serving technology, as well as media placement and measurement (DoubleClick, Google Adwords/Analytics, Kenshoo, Datorama, etc)
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team.
- A degree in a related field (business, marketing, science, math, statistics)
Ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to effectively turn reporting and analysis into insights and strategies; Demonstrated experience leveraging data-driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize programs
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for learning new things
- Start up mentality with a strong level of independence and efficiency and the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Corporate fitness rate
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO