We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we’ve raised over $100 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, and Kleiner Perkins. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
Our platform will serve millions of users at an unprecedented data scale—data that is the most personal kind of data you can have: DNA. We are building an app store that will be a one-of-a-kind genomics storefront, rich with partner products ranging from carrier screening to recreation to health and wellness. We are building a developer ecosystem that will unlock the creativity of the community to discover new insights that we can’t even dream of today.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome.
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products.
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture.
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will:
- Grow a continuous delivery pipeline enabling frequent and seamless production deployments.
- Integrate best-of-breed logging, monitoring, and metrics frameworks.
- Promote a pervasive DevOps culture in the organization through tools, processes, and advocacy.
- Operate in a strong cloud security ecosystem.
- 5+ years development experience in Golang, Java, Python, C#, or C++.
- 5+ years scripting experience in shell, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration tools like Jenkins, GoCD, or CircleCI.
- Experience running Docker containers on AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with Vault, Consul, Terraform or similar tools for secret management, service discovery, and infrastructure definition.
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery.
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus.
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Corporate fitness rate
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO