In this episode, Kathleen Wessel, VP of Business Management and Operations at AHA, speaks with James Lu, MD, PhD, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder of Helix and Calum MacRae, MD, PhD, Co-Director of Genomic Medicine and Professor of Medicine at Harvard University.
Join them as they dive into the rapidly evolving field of genomics and personalized medicine. They will also discuss the positive impact of the growing role of genomics in healthcare, including how it impacts hospital data strategy and ultimately provides better patient care at lower costs.
Key themes discussed:
- The evolving field of precision medicine and genomics specifically in relation to cardiac care.
- The use of genomics in risk management and the missed opportunities that exist in patient care today.
- Advice for community health systems on the best ways to deploy precision care and genomics.
- Where the fee-for-service and value-based-care economic drivers are and will be.
- Why it’s vital to integrate genomic data into care delivery.