We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we’ve raised over $100 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, and Kleiner Perkins. We’ll be working with partners such as National Geographic, the Mayo Clinic, Invitae, and many others to develop applications which interpret your genome, with an app store and marketplace launching in 2017.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Genetic Counselor to join our cross-functional Policy and Genomic Services team. As genetic counselors, we are focused on delivering genetic and genomic information responsibly. We have all been part of the discussions and debates about direct-to-consumer genetics, whether it should happen, or more currently, how it should happen. The perspective of the genetic counselor in the Helix environment is critical - both to maintain our high bioethics standards and to convey the human side of genetics, what people actually experience and how that impacts the products Helix Partners will be developing.
As a Senior Genetic Counselor, you will:
- Help develop policies for Helix and in conjunction with our spectrum of Partners (academia, commercial labs, consumer brands, foundations, app developers…)
- Work with partners to ensure they develop products, services, and experiences that are consistent with the high standards Helix has established and general best practices
- Ensure partners are successful in obtaining IRB-approval for any research endeavors
- Partner with a cross functional team of diverse backgrounds including business, design, engineering, science, and marketing
- Collaborate with a smart, dynamic, fast-paced team that is developing a platform to enable the creativity of the marketplace to develop novel and innovative applications powered by genomics.
- Board-certified Genetic Counselor
- Minimum 5 years experience, a combination of clinical and industry experience preferred
- Experience with policy and IRB submissions
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Work from Helix headquarters in San Carlos, CA
- Ability to travel periodically, as needed
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies