We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we’ve raised over $100 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, and Kleiner Perkins. We’ll be working with partners such as National Geographic, the Mayo Clinic, Invitae, and many others to develop applications which interpret your genome, with an app store and marketplace launching in 2017.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
Helix is headquartered in San Carlos, with our genetic sequencing lab located in San Diego.
What’s important to us:
- Agility - flexibility, nimbleness, and effectiveness are important to the Helix culture; we’re committed to agile development, continuous integration, and rapid execution across development, product, and design
- Influence - Excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish relationships and influence stakeholders
- Product Intuition - Strong instincts about what makes a great product. You understand that simple is better, and you have the creativity and insight to provide simple solutions to complex problems.
- Driven - Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects
- Team player Mentality
As a Partner Product Manager, you will:
- Workwith some of the world's greatest brands to co-develop world-class products and experiences that leverage each person's genomic data.
- Help in the ideation process of product development and propose genetic product concepts to partners.
- Define, guide, and drive Helix’s future product roadmap and strategy with a particular focus on enabling our partners to successfully adopt the Helix platform and APIs
- Oversee successful end-to-end delivery of complex partnership projects within the agreed scope and timeframe; manage stakeholder expectations and interdependencies
- Gather feedback, analyze data, and help partners improve their existing products
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- Past success in acquiring, mentoring and building productive long-term partner relationships
- BS/MS in engineering, CS, math, or related field or a strong technical background. Coursework in genetics or bioinformatics a plus.
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies