Everyone can benefit from a better understanding of the most fundamental aspect of what makes them unique: their own DNA. Inside all those A’s, T’s, C’s and G’s lie insights into every person—you just have to know what you’re looking for.
With the backing from the market leader in DNA sequencing Illumina, Helix is creating the world’s first platform for consumers to get sequenced and gain these insights in their DNA through an ecosystem of high quality partners such as Mayo Clinic, National Geographic, and Mount Sinai. From health and wellness to family planning and ancestry, the world of DNA learning is more accessible and valuable than ever. And as our partners grow, so will the opportunity for discovery.
We believe that design is a critical enabler of this mission. This is a unique opportunity where you will pitch, guide, and collaborate with our partners in defining and designing world-class products for the Helix platform. Come join our team to design meaningful products that every.single.person in the world can benefit from!
We're looking for a senior designer who can:
- Advocate for exceptional design for our partners, who are building consumer brands and products across a variety of industries (health, nutrition, fitness, family planning, entertainment, etc).
- Work with the business development team to design compelling product concepts, presentations, and project proposals which address partner needs, articulate fundamental design challenges, and highlight opportunities for innovation.
- Drive conversations, conduct workshops, and lead product walkthroughs with our partners.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and scientists on the partnerships team to define and influence partner requirements and constraints.
- Geek out on design and genetics.
- Do general startup things.
At a minimum, you have:
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience, bonus points if you've spent some time at a design consulting firm or agency.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth experience working with executive level individuals and teams
- Facility and comfort with developing connections with people inside and outside of an organization.
- Experience contributing throughout the entire design process (research through pixels).
- The ability to multi-task and work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A highly collaborative attitude and work style.