We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. With the backing of investors like Illumina, KPCB, Warburg Pincus and Sutter Hill, we’re looking for the brightest minds passionate about our mission and excited to work at an early-stage startup on a truly diverse team.
Clean, well-structured data is the foundation of genomic insights. As a Curation Scientist Intern, you will gain exposure to the basics of data curation and ontologies and learn what to look for in analyzing primary literature. You will gain a peak into how genomic products are built, while you support product and process development efforts. And, as an added bonus you’ll get to work in a fast-paced, fun and exciting start-up environment.
As a Curation Scientist Intern you will:
• Wrangle unstructured data from primary literature sources into clean, structured data
• Collaborate with science and bioinformatics to learn about and apply the basics of data curation, controlled vocabulary usage, and bio-medical ontologies.
• Actively participate in curation process evaluation and development
• Support product development by examining coverage data to determine whether the assay supports the product vision.
• Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field
• 1+ years of research, clinical, or industry experience
• Demonstrates high attention to detail – accuracy and thoroughness is critical
• Methodical approach to problems
• Strong logical reasoning skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organization skills and is capable of simultaneous management of multiple projects and priorities
Duration: This is a limited duration project based internship. Immediate hourly compensation opening with flexible scheduling, up to 40hrs/wk. Minimum availability of 2 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer