Personalized Scarf
by Dot One

Bring your DNA to life and refresh your wardrobe with a one-of-a-kind, distinct, and fashionable knitted scarf.

Customize your scarf by selecting a color to represent each of the four DNA bases: adenine, thymine, cytosine, and guanine, and let your DNA do the designing!


  • Personalized Scarf
    $149.99
  • Helix DNA kit
    $80.00
    Required one time only so Helix can collect a saliva sample from you and sequence your DNA.

your price:
$229.99

Express your unique identity

99.9% of your DNA is the same as the other 7.4 billion people on Earth—but the remaining 0.1% is what makes you, you. By visualizing this 0.1%, you can reveal a side of you never seen before.

Express your unique identity

99.9% of your DNA is the same as the other 7.4 billion people on Earth—but the remaining 0.1% is what makes you, you. By visualizing this 0.1%, you can reveal a side of you never seen before.

Personalized Scarf

by Dot One

Custom knitted scarf

Your design will be knitted into a soft scarf using mixed yarns made of Italian wool and acrylic. The scarf, at 7” x 70.8”, is light to wear and is machine-washable.

Customize your color palette

Dot One receives the raw data from your DNA. It’s then run through an algorithm to translate the four DNA bases into a pattern made up of colors you choose.

DNA insights report

Your personalized scarf comes with a card detailing 33 of your genetic traits, like if your cheeks are likely to flush when you drink alcohol.

An intro to DNA booklet

What exactly is DNA, and how does it work? Included is a booklet that explains the basics of DNA as well as how yours is translated to create the pattern on your scarf.

How it works

Get access to the best and latest in DNA discovery. It takes just 3 simple steps.

  • Order and we’ll send a DNA kit to your home

    Order Personalized Scarf and Helix sends you a DNA collection kit, which includes everything you need to get sequenced.

  • Provide a saliva sample and get sequenced

    Register your DNA kit, provide a small saliva sample, and drop it in the mail using the provided pre-paid shipping box you get in your kit.

  • Receive your personalized scarf

    After Helix sequences your DNA from your saliva, Dot One will create your pattern and ship your scarf.

The Helix DNA kit

To capture the information stored in your DNA so it can be used for this product, we need to collect a small saliva sample from you. This kit has everything you need to provide that sample from the comfort of your own home.

The Helix DNA kit

To capture the information stored in your DNA so it can be used for this product, we need to collect a small saliva sample from you. This kit has everything you need to provide that sample from the comfort of your own home.

A unique Kit ID you’ll use to register your kit

The science

Since we’re human, we share most of our DNA—but everyone is unique if you look in the right places. Many of the differences in our DNA do not impact things you’d notice, but they do make your genome special to you and can be used to make an artistic interpretation of your individuality.

Dot One takes a sample of positions in your genome and combines those genotypes into a pattern that is unique to you.

Impact

The unique pattern of your scarf is determined by your unique DNA. Trait info provided with your pattern includes traits with limited influence from genetics.

Limitations

  • This product will not provide any medical information.

  • DNA results included in this product are for entertainment purposes and are not meant to be predictive, deterministic, or conclusive.

  • Your DNA doesn’t determine or limit your ability to keep your neck warm and cozy.

  • The field of sartorial genetics is in its infancy and our understanding of knitting may or may not change over time.

Questions

  • How big is the scarf?

    The personalized scarf is 7” x 70.8” (18 cm x 180 cm).

  • Is there any medical information included in the product?

    No, the DNA results card is for entertainment purposes only.

  • Will I be able to track the shipment of my scarf?

    Yes. Once your scarf ships, Dot One will send you tracking information.

  • When should I expect my scarf to ship?

    If this scarf is your first Helix purchase, you should expect it to ship about 3 weeks after you’ve been sequenced by Helix. If you’ve already been sequenced by Helix, your scarf will be shipped to you about 3 weeks after you complete your order.

  • What material is the scarf made of?

    The scarf is made of an Italian wool and acrylic mix for a lighter and more comfortable feel that’s not scratchy. It’s machine washable up to 100°F.

  • Do I have to get sequenced for this product?

    Yes. In order to purchase the Personalized Scarf, you must be sequenced by Helix. To ensure the quality and accuracy of the genetic information used for this service, products in the Helix marketplace do not accept genetic data from outside sources. And, once you’ve been sequenced by Helix, you can purchase more DNA-powered products from a variety of categories like fitness, nutrition, entertainment, and more—all without having to get sequenced again.

  • How does Helix provide my DNA information to Dot One? Is my information shared with anyone else?

    Your DNA information is stored securely by Helix. When sequencing is complete, Helix only sends the relevant DNA information needed by Dot One to generate your results. We do not share your DNA information with anyone without your permission. We always maintain high standards when it comes to the security and privacy of your DNA information.

  • How do I learn more about how Dot One uses my information?

    You can find learn more in the Dot One Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and Product Consent.

About Dot One

Founded in 2015, Dot One is a personalization company that uses genetic data to create unique fashion and design products. Dot One’s aim is to take DNA science out of the lab and make it accessible to everyone in a fun and visual way.

Dot One has been featured in WIRED, Discover, LiveScience and broadcast on the BBC & ITV television channels.

Have a question about this product?
info@DotOne.io

About Helix

Helix empowers everyone to explore what makes them unique—their DNA.

From health and wellness insights to family planning and ancestry information, Helix’s growing list of partners can tap into your genetic profile to provide relevant insights for today, tomorrow and years to come.

Have a question about ordering or sequencing?support@helix.com

Why do I need the Helix DNA kit?

Products on Helix use the DNA information found in your saliva to give you insights into what makes you, you. The Helix DNA kit has everything you need to provide a saliva sample and send it to our lab so we can sequence your DNA.

Once you’re sequenced, you can gain insights from any product on Helix for years to come—all without having to provide another saliva sample ever again.

Close