HELIX 75 MILE STRAVA CHALLENGE
2018 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2) HOW TO ENTER: The Promotion begins upon the commencement of the Challenge Period, and ends upon the close of the Entry Period, and is designed to give eligible participants the opportunity to win prizes in accordance with these Official Rules. The “Challenge Period” begins on September 10, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM and ends September 23, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM. The “Entry Period” begins on September 24, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM and ends October 7, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time. Strava’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Challenge, and Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for all other aspects of the Promotion.
In order to enter the Promotion, participants must (a) have a Strava account, (b) complete the Challenge during the Challenge Period, and (c) submit a prize entry during the Entry Period. Obtaining a Strava account is free of charge and can be done by visiting. Strava’s Terms and Conditions, available at , apply. To complete the Challenge, a participant must ride their bike a minimum of 75 miles and upload completed miles to Strava. Only miles completed during the Challenge Period will count towards the 75-mile requirement. Manual entries, or rides marked 'Private' will not count toward the 75-mile requirement. All miles completed during the Challenge Period must be uploaded to Strava no later than three (3) days after the Challenge Period ends. Participants who successfully complete the Challenge during the Challenge Period will receive a link to the Helix website where they can complete their prize entry (“Entry”). Participants must provide the following information as part of the Entry: first name, last name, and email address. The email address must be the same email address attached to the Strava Account used while completing the Challenge (viewable at ). For clarity, a participant will be eligible for Promotion prizes only when the Challenge is completed AND an Entry is received by Sponsor.
Challenge Completion Prize
Participants who complete the Challenge during the Challenge Period and choose to complete an Entry will receive one (1) Challenge Completion Prize.
Grand Prize Drawing
There is one grand prize drawing during the Promotion Period (“Grand Prize Drawing”) to award five (5) grand prizes. Each Entry will be automatically entered into the Grand Prize Drawing. THIS PROMOTION IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE DRAWING ENTRY PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF MILES COMPLETED.
Each Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder associated with the email address provided in the Entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
3) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry must also comply with the following:
a) Any Entry that fails to meet the Sponsor’s specifications may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
b) Entries that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, non-family-friendly, and/or Entries that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
c) Entries that contain any viruses, spyware, malware or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
4) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The intellectual rights to the Entry, if any, will remain with the entrant, except that these Official Rules do not supersede any other assignment or grant of rights according to any other separate agreements between entrants and other parties. As a condition of entry, entrant agrees that Sponsor shall have the right to use, copy, modify and make available the Entry in connection with the operation, conduct, administration, and advertising and promotion of the Promotion, the Challenge and of Sponsor via communication to the public, including, but not limited to the right to make screenshots, animations, and video clips available to the public for promotional and publicity purposes. Furthermore, by participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to Sponsor, participating vendors/business partners, and/or their respective designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
5) RANDOM DRAWING(S): Five (5) Grand Prize Drawing winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries, on or about October 2, 2018. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s representative or designee, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Potential winner(s) will be contacted by email (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and will be asked to provide the necessary information (such as first and last name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number) to Sponsor. In the event a potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the applicable Entry, the potential winner will be disqualified from the Promotion and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible Entries received.
a) Challenge Completion Prize: The prize for completing the Challenge and submitting an Entry (“Challenge Completion Prize”) is a 35% off discount code valid through November 1, 2018 at 11:59pm PT for the purchase of one (1) product on Helix.com. Discount applies to value of product only, not applicable taxes or shipping & handling charges. The discount code is non-transferable, for one-time use only, and cannot be exchanged for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases.
b) Grand Prize Drawing Prizes: Each Grand Prize Drawing prize is a Garmin Edge 520 bike computer (MSRP $249.99/ea).
Any portion of prizes not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by winners for whatever reason after November 1, 2018 will be forfeited and will not be substituted. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No substitution of prize permitted except in Sponsor's sole discretion. If any advertised prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute prize of comparable value.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8) RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion, winner agrees to release Sponsor, participating vendors/business partners, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Promotion or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use, and/or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize. An entrant may be prohibited from participating in this Promotion if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Released Parties, or associated agencies or entities.
9) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California.
10) WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Each entrant represents and warrants that their Entry is original, that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder of the submitted Entry, and that they have the right to submit the Entry in the Promotion. Each entrant further represents and warrants that their Entry does not (a) infringe any third party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; (b) include any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant; or (c) otherwise violate any applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Released Parties at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of which the Released Parties may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by an entrant under these Official Rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, of these Official Rules by an entrant.
11) ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Promotion by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, telephone number, ownership of right or noncompliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Promotion. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules.
12) WAIVER: Entrants hereby waive all rights to: (a) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (b) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13) LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry or Entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, act of God, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof at any time, and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
14) CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the Website or any associated website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
15) SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
16) SPONSOR: Helix, 1 Circle Star Way, Floor 2, San Carlos, CA, 94070