Compensation Manager, People Operations
We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
We are seeking a driven and results-oriented Compensation and People Operations Manager to join our People Ops team. This position will report to our VP, People Operations and will be responsible for compensation analysis, employee benefits and HR operations.
This is an opportunity to help shape the culture at Helix by designing what and how we incent and motivate our team. You will have an opportunity to lead not only how our compensation and benefits are structured, but how they are connected to our overall mission and goals. As this is a new function within Helix, you will have an opportunity to set up the processes and systems that fit our overall goals and objectives.
- Prepare compensation data for annual salary and bonus reviews
- Provide technical/analytic consultative support in the design and implementation of total compensation strategy
- Conduct job study activity including: advising managers on job design/content issues; evaluating appropriate competitive compensation
- Manage the annual open enrollment process and assist with employee communications regarding compensation and benefits
- Maintain knowledge and expertise on benefit and compensation trends, changes and laws
- Partner with insurance brokers and plan carriers
- Participate in market and analysis projects
- Implement and maintain all compensation and benefits policies and procedures in compliance with Federal, State, local laws, regulations, and company policies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of benefits and compensation experience
- Experience setting up HR process and systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Team player with a “can do attitude”, and can forge great relationships both within and outside the HR team.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in working through complex transactions, with the ability to analyze, problem solve and communicate observations and recommendations
Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A mix of in-house and consulting experience
- Master’s degree in HR-related field and PHR/SPHR
- Start-up experience
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies