We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we’ve raised over $100 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, and Kleiner Perkins. We’ll be working with partners such as National Geographic, the Mayo Clinic, Invitae, and many others to develop applications which interpret your genome, with an app store and marketplace launching in 2017.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
Helix is headquartered in San Carlos, with our genetic sequencing lab located in San Diego.
We’re building a world-class recruiting team that's passionate about finding the most interesting candidates who bring an entrepreneurial spirit, operational excellence, and a diversity of thought to their work. We're looking for a Senior Technical Sourcer that's interested in making a big impact in their career and coming in at the foundational level of the Talent Acquisition function. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a team that values having fun at work in a collaborative, empowering, and autonomous work environment. You’ll be working directly with our CTO, VP of Engineering, and Recruiting team to evolve our Talent Acquisition strategy focused on building the engineering organization.
As a Senior Technical Sourcer for Helix, you will:
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Create an amazing experience for candidates during the interview process
- Help us think about innovative ways to find, engage and activate passive candidates
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine fit
- Facilitate interview and hiring decision-making process with technical interviewers and hiring managers
- Regularly track pipeline, priorities and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Have fun while you work!
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passionate about the recruiting industry
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with ability to learn relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences, and open source communities
- Understand how to deliver a data-driven approach to a sourcing strategy
- Utilize a consultative approach with hiring managers that you support
- 5+ years of experience sourcing for software engineering roles
This is a contract role with an opportunity for benefits with a 3rd party agency.