We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. With the backing of investors like Illumina, KPCB, Warburg Pincus and Sutter Hill, we’re looking for the brightest minds passionate about our mission and excited to work at an early-stage startup on a truly diverse team.
This role will be directly supporting two Co-founders and a VP level executive, as well as providing additional administrative support to their teams as needed. We’re looking for a strong Executive Assistant that can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, someone that can work successfully both independently and in a team setting. We are looking for a candidate that takes initiative and ownership over special projects and processes, and can collaborate with other team members.
You are positive and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with both your managers and surrounding teams. You're confident, proactive vs. reactive, flexible and self-motivated, and have an infectious personality that can have fun while working hard.
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Support multiple co-founders and senior level management, as well as providing additional support for their direct reports as needed.
- Heavy calendaring of internal and external meetings, ensuring appropriate time management and ability to prioritize meeting requests
- Coordinate travel with a strong attention to detail, anticipating transportation, lodging, meeting and communication needs while traveling.
- Track and submit expense reports in a timely manner for multiple executives
- Takes initiative to lead special projects and implement company-wide processes with little or no supervision
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive material
- Collaborates closely with the admin team to support events and company-wide projects, as well as provide back-up support to other team members when needed
- Assists the talent acquisition team to schedule and coordinate interviews, manage candidates when onsite for interviews.
- Keep up with the fast-paced, startup environment and adaptable to the growing pains of a new company
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of senior team level support experience to multiple executives at a time.
- Experience with Google calendar and apps.
- Ideally, experience scaling a startup into a business with hundreds of employees.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate, mission driven and excited about Helix's vision!
- An expert inwritten and verbal communication skills; have strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Positive with a go-getter attitude and willing to pitch in wherever needed; able to learn new skills and tasks quickly and with minimal guidance. Proactive in anticipating needs.
- A culture creator.
- Intellectually inclined; agile problem solving is important!
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies