We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
Helix is building a diverse ecosystem of high-quality content partners to deliver DNA-enabled products and services to consumers. As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for bringing in new partners as we build the ecosystem from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will be able to own the process of acquiring new partners from prospecting new leads through to the structuring, negotiation, and execution of the partnership agreement. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable delivering against metrics and quotas, and love thinking about how to create win-win deals with a variety of partners, this is the role for you.
As Director, Business Development, you will:
- Develop, maintain, and nurture pipeline of new leads
- Call on leads, foster relationships, and pitch the Helix story to interest and excite partners about the possibilities of a partnership
- Lead business development discussions with partners ranging from C-level executives to project and product leaders
- Create innovative proposals for potential partners that drive value for both parties
- Negotiate, structure, and close partnership deals and contracts
- Deliver against targets or quotas set to align with the growth goals of the company
- Work closely with Helix’s partnerships team to transition partners to product development, partnership onboarding, and successful market launch while maintaining relationship for any escalation / negotiation of business terms in the future
- Maintain and grow pipeline of strategic partnership opportunities
- Work with CRM and other tools for lead management, pipeline tracking, etc.
- Influence key discussions about partnership strategy, targets, and quotas
- BA or BS degree; MBA optional
- At least 8 - 10 years of experience prospecting, structuring, negotiating, and closing deals and / or partnerships; sales experience a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with C-level executives
- Comfortable creating and delivering high-profile presentations for use with partner executives
- Ability to negotiate multimillion dollar deals, including complex deals that break new ground for partners
- Experience structuring partnerships and executing contracts
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Experience using CRM and lead management tools such as SFDC
- Willing to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities
- Experience in either: (1) healthcare or life sciences, or (2) consumer technology, with a strong network of contacts in your field
- Experience in an entrepreneurial or startup environment a plus
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies