We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
As a Lab Systems Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and code lab informatics tools and applications.
- Work with lab scientists, data engineering, and the bioinformatics team to architect a comprehensive next-generation sequencing solution.
- Build and maintain software integrations for Helix NGS Lab equipment that is highly secure and high-performance.
- Establish strong engineering best practices for lab informatics engineering.
- Own deliverables from ideation to production operationalization.
- 7+ years development experience in Java, C#, C++, Python, or Rails
- Interest or experience in Golang
- Experience with LIMS and lab workflow and best practices; NGS experience preferred
- Experience building service oriented architectures
- Experience architecting large, high-scale back end systems
- Thought leadership and a successful track record mentoring other engineers
- Proficiency with distributed systems built on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Command of data modeling, data stores (relational, NoSQL), query optimization
- Experience building platform APIs and SDKs
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
- Great problem-solving skills and experience with some or all of these areas: software platforms, consumer applications, genomics
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies