We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team. We are building scalable operations across the company so that we can securely, rapidly and reliably deliver product to our customers.
As the Head of Operations, you will be an integral part of the leadership team and drive initiatives to build and continuously improve our supply chain, customer service, and process engineering functions.
As Head of Operations, you will:
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to enable operational support of a growing business
- Build processes and relationships with Lab Operations and external parties to create an integrated end‑to‑end supply chain that is effective and adaptive to new challenges such as regulatory timelines and international requirements
- Actively manage vendor relationships to ensure effective communication and collaboration, identify win-win solutions and strategies, negotiate purchasing terms, and address supplier issues with material quality or availability
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the organization by identifying and prioritizing proposed improvements, aligning stakeholders on the changes, and measuring and communicating their business impact
- Drive development and implementation of a high-quality customer service organization
- A operations leader with a passion for improving people’s lives through access to information about their DNA
- 10+ years experience in supply chain, process improvement, operations or manufacturing. MBA optional.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory management, capacity planning and demand forecasting, and supply chain qualification
- Exceptional skills and a track record of success in communicating and collaborating with internal customers and external vendors to support product launch and production
- History of successful identification and implementation of process improvements with measurable business impact
- Ability to learn, read, and understand laboratory procedures; experience with FDA, CLIA, and/or ISO standards a plus
- Experience managing or building customer service operations a plus
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and suppliers as needed
- Experience in developing talent as well as building and motivating a team
- Hands-on leader who thrives in a startup environment
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies