We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we’ve created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From advanced cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work on a truly diverse team.
Our platform will serve millions of users at an unprecedented data scale—data that is the most personal kind of data you can have: DNA. We are building an app store that will be a one-of-a-kind genomics storefront, rich with partner products ranging from carrier screening to recreation to health and wellness. We are building a developer ecosystem that will unlock the creativity of the community to discover new insights that we can’t even dream of today.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome.
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products.
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture.
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will:
- Grow a continuous delivery pipeline enabling frequent and seamless production deployments of microservices running in docker containers and implemented in go.
- Implement cloud infrastructure according to twelve factor and infrastructure-as-code methodologies, using tools such as vault, consul, and terraform.
- Integrate best-of-breed logging, monitoring, and metrics frameworks.
- Promote a pervasive DevOps culture in the organization through tools, processes, and advocacy.
- Work with industry-leading security experts to continuously improve cloud security.
- 5+ years development experience in Golang, Java, Python, C#, or C++.
- 5+ years scripting experience in shell, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration tools like Jenkins, GoCD, or CircleCI.
- Experience running Docker containers on AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with Vault, Consul, Terraform or similar tools for secret management, service discovery, and infrastructure definition.
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery.
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus.
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies