HELIX LE TOUR POP QUIZ CHALLENGE PROMOTION
2018 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2) HOW TO ENTER: The Promotion begins on July 7, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends July 29, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”), and is designed to give eligible entrants the opportunity to win Prizes in accordance with these Official Rules.
Pop Quiz Daily Drawings
There are 21 pop quiz daily drawings during the Promotion Period (each, a “Pop Quiz Daily Drawing”). For each Pop Quiz Daily Drawing, visit www.helix.com/quiz (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period, answer the pop quiz question, completely fill out all the required fields on the entry form and submit it to the Website (each a “Pop Quiz Submission”). A winner will be selected daily for each Pop Quiz Daily Drawing from among all Pop Quiz Submissions that have answered the pop quiz correctly. Limit one (1) Pop Quiz Submission per person/unique email address per Pop Quiz Daily Drawing during the Promotion Period.
Grand Prize Drawing
There is one grand prize drawing during the Promotion Period (“Grand Prize Drawing”). For the Grand Prize Drawing, there are 3 ways to enter (each a “Grand Prize Submission”):
1. Pop Quiz Submissions are automatically entered into the Grand Prize Drawing, regardless of whether they have answered the pop quiz correctly.
2. “Like” Helix’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/myhelix/), if you have not already; then visit the Website and follow the instructions to submit your Facebook entry using the application provided (each a “Facebook Submission”).
3. Become a follower of Helix (https://twitter.com/my_helix) on Twitter, if you are not already; then visit the Website and follow the instructions to submit your Twitter entry using the application provided (each a “Twitter Submission”).
Limit one (1) Grand Prize Submission per person/account per daily pop quiz during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Although subsequent attempts may be received, for a Facebook Submission or a Twitter Submission, as applicable, only an entrant’s first entry, per pop quiz, during the Promotion Period, will count as a Facebook Submission or a Twitter Submission.
Use of any automated system to participate in either the Pop Quiz Daily Drawing or the Grand Prize Drawing is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized individual account holder of the email address or account associated with the winning Submission. Sponsor’s computer is the official Promotion clock. Message and data rates may apply for Submissions submitted via mobile devices. Please check with your mobile carrier for details.
3) SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must also comply with the following:
a) Any Submission that fails to meet the Sponsor’s specifications may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
b) Each Facebook Submission must meet the technical and content requirements of Facebook (available at facebook.com), and each Twitter Submission must meet the technical and content requirements of Twitter (available at www.twitter.com).
c) Submissions that feature, mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, third party individual, product or brand other than Helix and/or its approved business partners may not be submitted, and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
d) The Submission may not have been previously published or distributed in any media, and may not have been entered in or won any previous sweepstakes, contest(s), or other promotion(s).
e) Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, non-family-friendly, and/or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
f) Submissions that contain any viruses, spyware, malware or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
g) Submissions must not contain any images or personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly, and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
h) You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Submissions who are: 1) represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display your Submission in any media form; or 2) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent Sponsor from being able to use the Submission worldwide in all media in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment or fee obligations.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
4) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The intellectual rights to the Submission, if any, will remain with the entrant, except that these Official Rules do not supersede any other assignment or grant of rights according to any other separate agreements between entrants and other parties. As a condition of entry, entrant agrees that Sponsor shall have the right to use, copy, modify and make available the Submission in connection with the operation, conduct, administration, and advertising and promotion of the Promotion and of Sponsor via communication to the public, including, but not limited to the right to make screenshots, animations, and video clips available to the public for promotional and publicity purposes. Furthermore, by participating in the Promotion and/or accepting the Prize, each entrant grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to Sponsor, participating vendors/business partners, and/or their respective designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
5) RANDOM DRAWING(S): One (1) Pop Quiz Daily Drawing winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Pop Quiz Submissions the day after each daily pop quiz ends. One (1) Grand Prize Drawing winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Grand Prize Submissions, on or about August 9, 2018. Drawing(s) will be conducted by Sponsor’s representative or designee, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Potential winner(s) will be contacted by email (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and will be asked to provide the necessary information (such as first and last name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number) to Sponsor. Pop Quiz Daily Drawing winners will be notified within 48 hours after each daily pop quiz ends. The Grand Prize Drawing winner will be notified by U.S. mail, telephone and/or e-mail on or about August 9, 2018. In the event the potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the applicable Submission, the potential winner will be disqualified from the Promotion and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Helix’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received.
a) The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of each of the Pop Quiz Daily Drawing prizes is as follows: Garmin Edge 520 ($249.99/ea), Garmin Forerunner 935 ($499.99/ea), Specialized S-Works Evade helmet ($250.00/ea), DNAPassport by HumanCode ($109.99), Regional Ancestry by Insitome ($109.99), Beat Your Genes by Arivale ($129.99), Fitness Diet Pro by DNAFit ($299.99), and EmbodyDNA by LoseIt! ($189.99). All daily prizes will be awarded within 120 days of the conclusion of the Promotion, and the grand prize awarded within 180 days of the conclusion of the promotion.
b) The one (1) Grand Prize Drawing prize includes a Specialized S-Works Tarmac bicycle ($10,000.00 MSRP), S-Works Evade helmet ($250.00), S-Works 7 cycling shoes ($400.00 MSRP), and Retül bike fit ($350 MSRP). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize Drawing prize is $11,000.00.
Any portion of prizes not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner for whatever reason, after a reasonable effort has been exerted to award the prize, will be forfeited and will not be substituted. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No substitution of prize permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any advertised prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute prize of comparable value.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Submissions received during the Promotion Period. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8) RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion, winner agrees to release Sponsor, participating vendors/business partners, Facebook, Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Promotion or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use, and/or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize. An entrant may be prohibited from participating in this Promotion if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Released Parties, or associated agencies or entities.
9) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California.
10) WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Each entrant represents and warrants that their Submission is original, that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder of the submitted Submission, and that they have the right to submit the Submission in the Promotion. Each entrant further represents and warrants that their Submission does not (a) infringe any third party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; (b) include any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant; or (c) otherwise violate any applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Released Parties at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of which the Released Parties may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by an entrant under these Official Rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, of these Official Rules by an entrant.
11) ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Promotion by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, telephone number, ownership of right or noncompliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Promotion. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules.
12) WAIVER: Entrants hereby waive all rights to: (a) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (b) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13) LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry or Submission information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, act of God, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof at any time, and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
14) CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the Website or any associated website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
15) SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
16) WINNERS’ LIST: Pop Quiz Daily Drawing winners (first name, last name and city) will be posted on the Website during the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize Drawing winner will be posted on the Website on or about August 9, 2018. For a copy of the entire winners’ list after August 9, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by August 31, 2018, to: Helix, 1 Circle Star Way, Floor 2, San Carlos, CA, 94070, Attention Helix Le Tour Pop Quiz Challenge Winner’s List Request.
17) SPONSOR: Helix, 1 Circle Star Way, Floor 2, San Carlos, CA, 94070